***UPDATED INFO*** Doors will now open at ***6:30pm**** for a 7:00pm showtime. See you SUNDAY!
***UPDATED**** Cirque Mechanics :: Pedal Punk DOORS WILL OPEN AT 6:30PM -- 7:00PM SHOWTIME! See you SUNDAY!
It is a reality that the cost of running and maintaining this beautiful theatre greatly exceeds income from ticket sales, sponsorships and rental income. As a not-for-profit organization, we must rely on additional financial assistance to meet our annual needs. Generous contributions allow this organization to stabilize its foundation, and will help make The State Theatre a destination for generations of Tompkins County residents and visitors to enjoy for many more years. Tax-deductible gifts from donors also allows us to program our stage with a diverse array of live, engaging performances and enables us to preserve, maintain and improve the functionality and comfort of this Theatre as we remain this community’s center of performing arts activity.
Make a gift and take pride in supporting this significant community organization. Every contribution, whatever its size, is absolutely vital – and very much appreciated. To make a donation, please fill out the PayPal Online Donation form below. We are a federally recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and all contributions to the State Theatre of Ithaca, Inc. are tax deductible. Thank you for your consideration.
Important Facts about The State Theatre of Ithaca:
· According to The History Center of Tompkins County, downtown Ithaca once boasted seventeen grand theaters, including the Lyceum, the Crescent, and the Strand. With just over 1600 seats, The State Theatre is the last remaining of these majestic theatres.
· Over 50,000 people attended events here last season, and we expect that number to grow, as we continue to offer more variety than ever before.
· Increased tourism means additional money spent in our community. When people visit Ithaca, they purchase meals, drinks, hotel rooms, and they shop. Analysis of our ticket sales indicate that over 29% of our ticket purchasers travelled from outside Tompkins County, while 11% came from over 90 miles away.
· The State Theatre was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. In 1999, the American Institute of Architects recognized The Theatre as one of the top 60 most significant architectural landmarks in all of New York State.
· Downtown revitalization is driven by three things: Arts, Dining and Entertainment. The State Theatre of Ithaca is the crown jewel of downtown Ithaca’s arts community. With continued community support, The State Theatre will continue to be a vital fixture in Tompkins County’s arts landscape.